I contemplated even going here; you know, trying to sum up 365 days somehow. It seems impossible! But, it’s the season of “lists”, so I thought I’d give it a shot. So here it goes, in to particular order…my Top Ten Moments of 2011.
1. Traveling out of the country for the first time. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic was a fantastic trip with my husband; full of adventure, relaxing, and sunshine!
2. Celebrating a one-year wedding anniversary. People always say the first year is the hardest, if that’s the case, I think my husband and I are going to have a great life!
3. Family trip to Wisconsin Dells. Full of 500, water parks, food and fun!
4. Running my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th triathlons. What a rush!!! I love the variety, training and race-day atmosphere of these events.
5. Landscaping. I had so much to learn when it came to making a yard look pretty. I grew up mowing lawns, so that was the easy part. But when it comes to bushes, shrubs, plants and flowers…I was clueless. I learned so much and can’t wait to give it another shot this Spring!
7. Blogging. I started this blog in June and have enjoyed it so much. I love when people tell me, “I just love reading your blog”, but the truth is, I do it for me. That said, I have to admit, giving people something enjoyable to read is a really sweet bonus!
8. Being a Hawkette. It was so much fun dusting off my can-can kicks and performing again. It was something I loved when I was in high school, so proving to myself that I still had the moves was pretty awesome!
9. Buying a bike. I hadn’t ridden a bike for years, let alone as an active sport. But being surrounded by friends that enjoy the summer evenings riding around and experience the famous RAGBRAI, my husband and I felt left out, so we decided to join the fun. Best. Move. EVER!
10.Discovering myself. I took a chance to make a professional; and let’s face it, life change this fall and story short, it didn’t quite work out. No regrets! I learned a lot about myself, my goals, and what drives me to succeed. Now it’s just a matter of channeling it all to find my next great [professional] adventure in life.
Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction. ~Al Bernstein
Turn your wounds into wisdom. ~Oprah Winfrey
Which leads me to my New Years Resolutions…!