Confession: I never saw myself doing a maternity photo session. Frankly, I thought it seemed a little unnecessary and not really worth the expense as you prepare to bring a child into the world.
Reality: I found a wonderful photographer in the area, with a very competitive price, AND she let’s you keep the CD of photos. (I’m amazed how many places don’t give you that option!)
So alas, my husband and I ventured out on a beautiful fall evening to capture some images of ‘just the two of us’ one last time, with lots of love going to baby bump, of course! I brought along some balloons to play off of the concept/catch phrase ‘ready to pop’! (Which, FYI, isn’t something I recommend actually saying to a pregnant woman…like, ever. ;))
This is my favorite:
Shirt: Old Navy (non-maternity, I’m ready to wear it ‘as it should be’ post baby!), Jeans: Motherhood, Shoes: Steve Madden via Von Maur, Jewelry: Cookie Lee
Such pretty fall colors:
Sending love to baby:
Aaron is already telling us both funny stories. Many more of those to come!
Just me and the bump:
In the words of every eye doctor, better here:
Just a few more days until we find out which ‘balloon’ is the winner. 🙂
Thank you Sarah at Footprints and Glitter for capturing such fun images for us!
I know I’ve bragged about this before, and rightfully so, but I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. And with them, come their friends too!
As I near the end of pregnancy road, my mother-in-law’s dear friends wanted to host a shower for Baby L. They have watched Aaron grow up his whole life, and gotten to know me these last few years, so it is exciting for them to celebrate ‘the next generation.’ It was so lovely watching these women go around introducing themselves. Many go back 30 years (or more!) with my MIL. How incredible is that? It really gives me motivation to keep in touch with those near, and far, that I love dearly. It also gets my excited to think about all the new friends I may meet through activities with Baby L. 🙂
Here is our group shot!
I was showered with books, something I don’t have a lot of for baby, so I was super excited for some new inventory. They all fit nicely in my new baby bag (another awesome present!!)…Hawkeye colors even!
This fun little book even came with the characters for some snuggle time!
And if a night of lovely ladies, yummy food, and books wasn’t enough, they all came together to make sure Baby L gets some peaceful naps in this fantastic swing. I’ve heard great things about this product, so I can’t wait to give it a try. It’s all set up and ready to go in our living room. Thanks to the dadio-to-be!
This is a ‘throwback’ photo, but since my mother-in-law is always behind the camera (ie-not in the group shot above!), I wanted to make sure to show her off. Here we are on Mother’s Day together (I was 13 weeks here!).
Thank you all for such a lovely evening. All we need now is a baby!!
Oh hey there! Remember when I thought it was really fun to be in the single digits with my weeks until Baby L arrives? Well now…I’m in the single digits of DAYS! Even cooler!! 😉 So what’s new? Let’s take a look.
Source. We did a maternity session. This is my (super) teaser photo. I’ve only seen a small handful myself, so I’ll be sure to share more with a later post soon! 🙂
- I finished up my Grad class, which was an awesome feeling. I’m off until January.
- I’m not ready to be done with work yet. Call me crazy. I really want to leave my team in a good place, and my clients happy, so I have a few more days of work I’d love to get done for them!
- We have everything we “need” to bring a baby home. Which is a great feeling!
- We are still finishing up the nursery. We are waiting on some artwork to really seal the deal. I can’t wait to see (and share!) the finished product!
- I have the car seat in the car. Confession: it’s not “hooked up” yet, but it will be soon!
- I have my hospital bag packed and in the car. Last minute things aside, we are set!
- I’m not afraid to admit I’ve reach the uncomfortable point. I’m here to be real people! I consider myself extremely lucky that it’s taken me 38.5 weeks to say that, so I feel like I’ve earned a bit of right to have a ‘moment’ from time to time! 😉 So what’s uncomfortable you ask?
Getting out of bed in the mornings
has become challenging sucks. My pelvic bone is really sore so after a night of rest it burns! Sitting on the couch isn’t very cozy these days, as it makes breathing a bit challenging. I’m carrying ‘high’, or so they say, so my lungs are pretty smashed. When I go on my daily walks, my fingers get quite swollen. (But other than that, I can still wear my wedding ring!) I’m hungry all.the.time. And at this point, I’ve lost the care and need for self-control. (Not a good combination around Halloween!!) Luckily I’m still in that ‘average’ weight gain of 25-30 lbs…but I’m pushing it! I’ve acquired headaches, which can get pretty intense. And general aches over all kick in more often than not, mostly with sitting. Which I suppose it’s good, it keeps me moving and shaking. But all I really want to do enjoy a book with my sweats and slippers!
- That ‘one thing’ I can’t wait for once baby is here? A big ol’ Diet Mountain Dew fountain soda. I’ve chosen to go light on the caffeine, if at all. If I do, it’s half & half coffee. DMD is calling my name. But, it must be fountain.
- I miss belts, and zippers, and button downs, and tying my shoes easily. I spent some time at Von Maur today and I think I touched every blouse and sweater on the rack. I’m excited and ready for normal clothes.
- Yes, I still rock heels.
At this point, I’m ready to go at any time. But I’m also totally accepting of the fact that I may go late. Both of my sisters took the latter path; 10 to 14 days late with multiple births. I’d say it’s in the genes! So the plan at this point is to hit up my 39 week appointment (Friday), check to see how far I am dilated (I was a ‘1’ at 36 weeks) and schedule an induce date no later than 11.27.13 (that’s the 41-week mark, which my OB doesn’t let women go past). So, regardless, I’ll be snuggling a baby on Thanksgiving Day. There is a light…and I see it shinning bright…with a slice of pumpkin pie!!
Have a great week everyone!