Oh hey there! Remember when I thought it was really fun to be in the single digits with my weeks until Baby L arrives? Well now…I’m in the single digits of DAYS! Even cooler!! 😉 So what’s new? Let’s take a look.
Source. We did a maternity session. This is my (super) teaser photo. I’ve only seen a small handful myself, so I’ll be sure to share more with a later post soon! 🙂
- I finished up my Grad class, which was an awesome feeling. I’m off until January.
- I’m not ready to be done with work yet. Call me crazy. I really want to leave my team in a good place, and my clients happy, so I have a few more days of work I’d love to get done for them!
- We have everything we “need” to bring a baby home. Which is a great feeling!
- We are still finishing up the nursery. We are waiting on some artwork to really seal the deal. I can’t wait to see (and share!) the finished product!
- I have the car seat in the car. Confession: it’s not “hooked up” yet, but it will be soon!
- I have my hospital bag packed and in the car. Last minute things aside, we are set!
- I’m not afraid to admit I’ve reach the uncomfortable point. I’m here to be real people! I consider myself extremely lucky that it’s taken me 38.5 weeks to say that, so I feel like I’ve earned a bit of right to have a ‘moment’ from time to time! 😉 So what’s uncomfortable you ask?
Getting out of bed in the mornings
has become challengingsucks. My pelvic bone is really sore so after a night of rest it burns! Sitting on the couch isn’t very cozy these days, as it makes breathing a bit challenging. I’m carrying ‘high’, or so they say, so my lungs are pretty smashed. When I go on my daily walks, my fingers get quite swollen. (But other than that, I can still wear my wedding ring!) I’m hungry all.the.time. And at this point, I’ve lost the care and need for self-control. (Not a good combination around Halloween!!) Luckily I’m still in that ‘average’ weight gain of 25-30 lbs…but I’m pushing it! I’ve acquired headaches, which can get pretty intense. And general aches over all kick in more often than not, mostly with sitting. Which I suppose it’s good, it keeps me moving and shaking. But all I really want to do enjoy a book with my sweats and slippers!
- That ‘one thing’ I can’t wait for once baby is here? A big ol’ Diet Mountain Dew fountain soda. I’ve chosen to go light on the caffeine, if at all. If I do, it’s half & half coffee. DMD is calling my name. But, it must be fountain.
- I miss belts, and zippers, and button downs, and tying my shoes easily. I spent some time at Von Maur today and I think I touched every blouse and sweater on the rack. I’m excited and ready for normal clothes.
- Yes, I still rock heels.
At this point, I’m ready to go at any time. But I’m also totally accepting of the fact that I may go late. Both of my sisters took the latter path; 10 to 14 days late with multiple births. I’d say it’s in the genes! So the plan at this point is to hit up my 39 week appointment (Friday), check to see how far I am dilated (I was a ‘1’ at 36 weeks) and schedule an induce date no later than 11.27.13 (that’s the 41-week mark, which my OB doesn’t let women go past). So, regardless, I’ll be snuggling a baby on Thanksgiving Day. There is a light…and I see it shinning bright…with a slice of pumpkin pie!!
Have a great week everyone!