I’m one of those gals who loves the idea of crafty/keepsake things — yet I don’t always like putting in the effort it takes. Hello Smith’s baby book that has two pages filled in. Don’t judge!! However, I am excellent at copying ideas from those blessed with the creative juices. So alas, here is my latest little project. Thanks to one of my favorite bloggers/social media personalities, Elise Joy, for sharing this awesome app.
So what is it? It’s called One Second Everyday (1SE) and the idea is that you record one second of your life every day and merge it all together in a video. So my goal is to capture our first year of life as a complete family of four.
So I plan to share it in this space with a quick note about each second. Consider this my monthly scrapbook; Month 1 – 1SE.
- Brooks is born, his very first photo!
- I’m a Momma of two boys, our family of four.
- Going home!
- Smith sharing his Lovie with Brooks (big deal!!).
- A family walk on a nice summer night (ugh, post-preggo bod!)
- Cheers! A pit stop at a brewery for my first drink in 10 months.
- Meeting Big Grandma for the first time.
- Snuggles. All the snuggles!
- Cousin Ian’s graduation party.
- And then there were nine. All the [Brown] cousins.
- A relaxing night at home with our feet up and babes sleeping.
- Ice cream truck!!
- Milk coma.
- Smith picking on Brooks. The first, but not the last, time!
- DSM Farmers Market with some great friends.
- Cousin Alex’s wedding in Des Moines.
- Peaceful sleeper.
- Story time with Daddy.
- Snack time on our new table (thanks G&G Brown!).
- Garage Sale SCORE!
- Dinner with friends.
- Minion movie at Kinnick.
- Brooks cool new stool from G&G Lagneaux.
- Play date with the Felton family.
- Tummy Time.
- Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- Brooks loves the swing.
- Garage beers with neighbors.
- Fire Station fun!
- Fathers Day – Swim party and drive in (Finding Dory)!
- Tootsie face!
- Fishing with Friends.
If I intrigued you with this app – I’m glad. I really do love it! Some helpful hints I learned in my first month.
~Hold your phone horizontally, it fills the frame better.
~Those “moving” photos you can take on an iPhone work great.
~Don’t overthink it. For me it’s about capturing life. All of it. Not every day is fancy!
~Whatever your goal may be, break it down to be manageable. For me, it was more my phone storage that made me chunk it out, but now I’m really excited to turn it in to a digital monthly scrapbook.